Dunkiel Saunders is one of the first law firms to establish a farm-to-plate practice area. We help growers, makers, and retailers of food, wine, and other agricultural products understand the evolving network of local, state, and federal regulations that impact their businesses. We advise and represent agriculture and food-industry clients on a broad range of matters, including:
- Compliance with organic labeling and production rules, and other trade claims
- Protection of trademark, trade secrets, and other intellectual property
- Compliance with facility-operating regulations
- Compliance with environmental and natural resource laws
- Supply chain, distribution, and license agreements
- Compliance with Vermont’s law – Act 120 – requiring food containing genetically engineered ingredients to be labeled, effective July 1, 2016.